FunctionOtherFacilityLife PE LaundryPositionLaundry AssistantIntroduction
A vacancy exists for a Laundry Assistant at the Life P.E Laundry. The successful candidate will be responsible for the handling, washing, folding, ironing and distribution of linen for Life Healthcare Hospitals within the Port Elizabeth region.Critical Outputs
- Liaison with management/supervisors
- Good housekeeping
- Maintaining health and safety regulations
- Waste disposal management
- Washing, drying, ironing, and folding of linen
- Collection, distribution and accurate recording of linen to all units in the facilities
- Cleaning, mopping and dusting in laundry
- Cleaning of laundry equipment
- Control the linen levels according to requirements
- Control the quality of the linen distributed and received
- Stock take of linen to be done as required
- Neatness and cleanliness of linen store room required
- Ensure compliance with LHC Laundry policy standards, other relevant legislation and OSH ACT
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
- Matric certificate is a minimum requirement (Grade 12)
- Previous laundry experience will be an advantage
- Good relationship skills are necessary
- Must be a team player as you will be required to work in a team at all times
- Knowledge of a hospital environment will be an advantage
- Able to work shifts and weekends as required
- Able to do physical labour
- On Time
- Display ethical behaviour
- Good inter-personal skills
- Team player
EmailRecruitmenthr@lifehealthcare.co.zaClosing dateSunday, October 16, 2022
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.