• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated
documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
• Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original
documents during the selection process.
• You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership
number and expiry date.
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National
legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these
requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
• By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are
consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be
used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
• However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not
be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
• The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of
whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: PROPERTY & REVNUE STREAMS AND
Branch: Property Branch
Designation: Assistant Director: Property & Revenue Streams and Valuation
Remuneration: R47 428.59 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
Location: 66 Jorissen Place, Braamfontein
• Matric plus bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or higher diploma in Information
Technology (NQF Level 7);
• Qualifications in terms of the minimum competencies prescribed by National Treasury;
• 6 – 8 years proven professional Information Technology experience including at least 1
year in a management capacity;
• Knowledge of database and systems development (MS Access, MS SQL Server and IBM
• Knowledge of financial concepts, fair understanding of HR processes and Customer
Service principles; and
• SAP navigation skills.
Lead, direct and manage key performance and result indicators associated with the
Data Section of the Finance, Compliance and Data Directorate through the
implementation of laid down control procedures dictating the daily Property valuations
and revenue accounting, data extraction, matching and analytics on City’s Property
Value Chains and Revenue Value Chains business units, Property Rates Revenue
modelling tools, reconciliations of the various systems in use within the Property and
Revenue Value Chain, Development, Support and Maintenance of the system used in
the Value Chain, Support and maintenance of the General Valuation Roll including the
relevant supplementary valuation rolls to enable the Property Branch to fulfill its
Key Performance Areas:
• Planning and development.
• Management of operations and management representation.
• Enable decision making.
• Assets and resource management.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: PROPERTY & REVENUE STREAMS
AND VALUATION SYSTEM
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
• Assertive and Attention to detail;
• Must be able to work independently;
• Ability to work under pressure to adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to work with Executive and Senior Management of the City, Municipal Entities and
• People management;
• Program and Project management;
• Financial management;
• Change management and leadership;
• Governance leadership.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft word and Excel) and typing;
• Customer Services;
• Problem solving;
• Good time management;
• Good communication (verbal and written);
• Good interpersonal and coordination;
• Planning and organizing;
• Analysis and innovation;
• Knowledge and information management;
• Communication and results and quality focus.
“City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and
all appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity
Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and disability
Contact Person: Pearl Fambe
Tel No: (011) 021 3269
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by
using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA: www.joburg.org.za
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2022
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is
received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application
was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of
Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of
your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and
related process. In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg,
you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
• Credit Record,
• CV validation and
• Employment record verification,
• Criminal check, and
• Identity validation.