Business Unit / Group Function:
De Beers Group
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Discovery & Geosciences
Musina, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Associate / Fixed Term Employee
31 October, 2022
Uncovering the greatest secrets
Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our bright future at Venetia! South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine is currently being developed underground. This opportunity allows you to be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
As a Junior Geologist you will be responsible for collecting and recording quality drilling and geological data, working alongside the Senior Project Geologist.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
You will also:
- Provide visible safety leadership in the course of all project engagements
- Monitor drilling progress and record high quality drilling and geological data as outlined in the relevant procedures, guidelines and standards
- Assist the Senior Project Geologist with drilling and sampling logistical support
- Capture drilling and geological data into relevant databases
- Prepares routine reports as well as drillhole resumes
- Actively participate in the VUREP execution as scoped
- Bsc (Hons) Geology will be preferred
- Grade 12
- GSSA membership and SACNASP professional registration will be an added advantage
- Computer Literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook)
- 1- 2 Years of previous work in Mining, Construction or Agricultural environment will be advantageous
- Valid EB/Code 8 Drivers License
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance
Who We Are:
Venetia Mine – South Africa
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit:
Anglo American/ De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations. For more information, please visit:
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate Line Manager and Head of Department, failure to do so will render your application invalid.
Closing Date: 31 October 2022
Use two fingers to move the mapMapSatellite
Map data ©2022 AfriGIS (Pty) Ltd